Friday, August 26, 2011

No Bieber Fever Here! Stick to singing and leave the nail polish alone!

So I was at Walmart yesterday trying to find someone who could replace a watchband on my broken watch. The lady at Walmart was the 5th person to tell me no. Apparently I bought the world's only non-fixable watch! Afterwards I headed on over to the beauty section to see if any Fall 2011 products had made their way onto the shelves and besides some Hard Candy products, which I will talk about in an upcoming video, the answer was pretty much no for that as well. I did see a cute Nicole by OPI Mini Hit-Makers 4 piece nail polish collection and decided to check it out. For over 6 months, I've been picking up Justin Bieber "The One Less Lonely Girl" Collection polishes and then putting them back down because, to be totally honest, I find the kid more annoying than a herd of hungry goats. But this little mini collection was just too cute to put back so I spent the $10 and brought it home.

Big mistake! It took 4 coats of "Canadian Star" to get my nails to what I would call opaque. 3 was almost good enough, but it was pretty streaky. I painted "Eenie Meanie Marry Me" on my accent nails and that took 3 coats. I did test the other 2 colors and "Coral Denominator" shown on my nails below is the only color that can apply in two coats (I know it looks terrible, it was a rush job!). The last shade "I Pink I Love Him" is a pale pink jelly with sparse glitter and would never work on it's own, but also doesn't work well with the other 3 polishes in this set.

All in all, my first experience with Justin Bieber nail polish was just as annoying as I find the kid to begin with. I want my $10 back! For that amount, I could have gotten both an Essie and a Wet n Wild polish! Lesson learned. No Bieber fever here.

From my KIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog