Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Nightly Experimental Swatches

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
So for the last 24 hours there's been a huge beauty event on QVC. I watched as much of it as I could, and tivo'd some for later because despite the fact that I want to buy everything I see, I can't, and just watching the experts put on makeup is enough for me to get inspiration and try to duplicate things with my own makeup.

The things I was intrigued by today were the Laura Geller Eye Rims, which won the award for best eyeliner. It's a baked marbleized product and it's mostly black with other colors mixed in. I didn't want to pay the high price so I went and found my marbleized shadows from Too Faced that I got from their vintage sale. Turns out, what I already have looks just as good as what I could see on the screen! Awesome for me because while I bought all eight of the Too Faced shadows because they were cheap, I'm ashamed to admit that I've never used them. Not even once! So I'm pretty stoked to be able to use them as eyeliners so I don't have to feel any more guilt.

Oddly enough, besides using shadow for liner, the other thing that caught my attention was the founder of Tarte, who actually uses liners in place of shadows! It was opposites day, I guess. So I started experimenting with my liners seeing which ones would make good shadows, and I found seven decent ones that are long lasting but give me enough time to blend them out. After I tried them on my arms I tried my face and I found I oculd do a sexy, smudged eye in less than 5 minutes, and that incldes the mascara!

So that's what this picture is....liners smudged as shadows and shadows wetted and smudged as liners. I like the way they look on my arm. I think I'll keep them there until morning to see how they last throughout the night.

Now that all that's out of the way, I must admit to something. I did break down and buy something today. I bought the New Beauty Test Tube which debuted last night. The products in it are INCREDIBLE! I can not wait to get it so I can make a Sample Box Wars video!

From my KIN

2 comments:

  1. I would never think to use liners as a shadow! when i try to smudge them out it all goes horribly wrong for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 90% of all my eyeliners did the same thing, but I did find some that worked brilliantly! My makeup routine takes FOREVER and I'm excited to find a way to do my eyes that's super fast and still looks amazing for those times when I want to get out of the house quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog